Now the riff raff (we know who we are), can audit MIT courses for free. I heard about this a while back, and promptly forgot all about it until running across a link on del.icio.us (which, in case you haven't discovered it for yourself, is a remarkable social bookmarking site that for me, has triggered interests I never knew I had).
MIT OpenCourseWare offers an incredible array of online courses well suited to the lifelong learner. Subjects that caught my eye included:
- Grain and Cognitive Sciences
- Comparative Media Studies
- Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Studies
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Linguistics and Philosophy
- Media Arts and Sciences
- Ocean Engineering
- Political Science
- Science, Technology and Society
- Urban Studies and Planning
- Women's Studies
So what, you might ask, does this have to do with advertising and marketing? Beats me, but I intend to find out.